5. Bradford City Fire Disaster
The cause of this disaster was fire which accidentally started when a spectator threw a lighted cigarette on a trash that had collected under the terrace seat over the years. Even after getting the stadium cleared on the sight of smoke, the fire took the lives of 56 people who died of toxic smoke that engulfed the narrow corridor towards the back. The incident took place in 1985 in Bradford, England and is a grim reminder of the times when stadiums were made of wooden structures.