People are fond of eating and discovering foods that will satisfy their tummies. They have that instinct to cook foods that not only will satisfy their stomachs but are also pleasing to the eyes. But we cannot avoid the fact that eating too much can cause stomach ache. That is why there are home remedies for stomach ache such as:
Since ancient times, people have turned to ginger, as a cure-all for pain to nausea and everything in between. It is not just an old folks’ tale because even research has shown that ginger can be one of the very effective stomach ache remedies.
In addition, our folks said that ginger has antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties that help regulate the process of digestion, in turn lowering stomach pain. Plus, ginger helps decrease the production of free radicals as well as grow digestive juices and balanced stomach acids.
Here are the steps on how to use ginger:
- Cut one medium-size fresh ginger root into thin strips.
- Bring one cup of water to a boil and add the ginger slices. Boil for three minutes, and then stew for another five minutes.
- Take from heat, strain, and add honey to taste.
- Nip it slowly.
- Consume ginger tea two to three times a day to ease stomach aches and improves digestion.
For a stomach ache due to foods that are not properly digested, fennel seeds can give you fast relief as they have carminative, diuretic, pain-minimizing and antimicrobial properties. Fennel seeds can give you relief from other indigestion symptoms like gas and bloating, too. Here’s how:
- Add one teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds to a cup of hot water and let it steep for eight to 10 minutes. Take from heat, let it cool and strain it. Add a little honey and drink it slowly.
- Alternatively, you can nibble one or one and one-half teaspoon of fennel seeds after a meal. You can use either of these home remedies for stomach ache three times a day to reduce the pain.
Best known as high has antispasmodic and anti-flatulent ingredients that help reduce stomach aches caused by gas or indigestion. As one of the upset stomach remedies, you have to:
- Add a pinch of asafetida to a glass of lukewarm water, mix it well and drink it two or three times a day. You can also put a pinch of rock salt. This remedy is equally effective for both a stomach ache and gas.
- Alternatively, add one teaspoon of asafetida to a cup of warm water. Dip a cotton cloth in the solution and put it on your stomach for 10 to 15 minutes. This will soothe the stomach and alleviate pain. Do this several times a day.
It can soothe an aching stomach as well as comfort the muscles in the digestive tract. If your stomach ache is a result of food not properly digested, chamomile is just the right thing for you. Moreover, it has anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant, and sedative properties. All you have to do is:
- Put one teaspoon of dried chamomile in a cup.
- Pour boiling water in the cup and cover it.
- Allow it to steep for 15 minutes, filter and add lemon juice or honey base to your taste.
- Sip the tea slowly.
- Drink this two or three times a day.