If you are running an online businesses, you need to ask many questions from you. Some of these questions are:
- How confident are you in the security of your network?
- Are your computers protected from a malicious attack?
- Do you have proper security procedure for safeguarding important data?
Many companies do not know the answers to these questions, and these companies would not know these unless a cyber-attack occurred. One of the best ways to reveal the security vulnerabilities of your computer systems is through penetration testing services.
A penetration test also called pen test is a process of assessing the optimum security of a network or computer system by simulating a security attack from a dangerous source. The main goal of this test is to collect all the information on actual, legitimate vulnerabilities of security. By utilizing this security assessment tool, you can easily pinpoint which results are unimportant, which result are false positive and most importantly, which are risky. After that, you can be proactive in applying security patches while enhancing available security resources.
The security design professionals at Security Management Consulting, which is an Inc. 5000 company, have added following extra benefits of pen tests:
- If your network security is compromised, the resulting downtime or data leakage can be dangerous to your online business owing to loss of productivity and revenue. Reputed IT resources will have to be hired so as to recover, and when all of these costs are summed up, it could be in millions.
- Maintaining loyalty of customer is paramount to the success of any online business. Superior customer service and years of hard work can be wasted if your online security is compromised and all the crucial data of customers is stolen. Pen tests will allow you to detect various areas of improvement before any security attacks occur.
- Performing pen test also allows your company to be in compliance with HIPPA, PCI, GLBA and Sarbanes Oxley. The penetration testing will also provide you detailed reports which could save you millions of dollars in compliance fines.
- If network security is compromised, your most valuable asset could be permanently damaged which is your brand name. It all takes one incident to tarnish your brand image and performing these security tests can help you to protect reputation of your company.
- To meet the prerequisites to obtain network or system security insurance, your company will have to perform a pen test as one of the requirements. Availing a penetration testing service can offer you valuable peace of mind while saving your company’s millions.