Sports are among the most thrilling, adventurous, and adrenaline-pumping activities one could ever try. You don’t have to be athletic and professional (but if you are, it would definitely help) to enjoy different kinds of sports.
The thrill and the rush you get from playing particular sporting activities are something really unique. Aside from these sports activities are fun, they are also good for fitness and health. If you train or do any of these activities, you are able to enjoy it without noticing that you are burning calories and working out.
If you haven’t tried any sport before, now is maybe the time to try one and see it for yourself. Australians are particularly gifted with sports, from leisure activities to more adrenaline-pumping sports. If you want to try a new hobby, playing any type of sport can be your go-to solution. Just suit up on your gears and pick up a new passion for fitness and sports. You may ask what your options are, so this article has listed and identified some of the more popular sports in Australia that you may want to try.
- Swimming – This very popular water sport can be done in different settings including indoor pool and open water. Swimming is very good for people who are having difficult time with their cardio and breathing. It is also good for muscle development of different body parts including arms, legs, and shoulders.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – This martial art has been taking Australia by storm. The country has become a hotbed of world-class BJJ athletes for the past couple of years. Unlike other martial arts, BJJ is quite unique because it focuses on submitting opponents using various body locks and chokes. Moreover, it highlights technique over strength, so even you are smaller compared to your sparring partner, it is not impossible for you to submit him or her with ease. If you want to pump up your adrenaline, then jiu-jitsu is perhaps one of the best sports you can try.
- Tennis – Tennis has become staple sport not only in Australia but in many parts of the world. If you are looking for a sport that can make you sweat like a pig, look no further – grab a pair of athletic shoes, tennis bags, racquet, and tennis balls, and you are on your way to lose some fat. There are many tennis courts throughout the country, so finding a place to play should not be a challenge. You may want to join amateur tennis clubs to learn more about proper techniques and to enjoy the sport better.
- Dragon boat racing – If you are into boating or paddling, this sport is just perfect for you. This intense and adrenaline-pumping sport is really good in muscle development, burning calories, endurance, and body strengthening. Dragon boat athletes have the best cardio and endurance because of the rigid and hard training they undergo to.
- Water polo – It is like polo sport but done underwater. Needless to say, this water sport is difficult but fun as well. The sport is played by two opposing teams and the team with most goals wins the match. While the goal of the game is easy to comprehend, the activities in the game are nowhere easy. You need to have excellent cardio and swimming skills in order to win a game.
You don’t need to have the most athletic body to be able to enjoy the types of sports mentioned. If you have the will and commitment, then you will go a long way in your chosen field of sports. So, what are you waiting for? Buy yourself some sports equipment, shoes, gym or tennis bags, and you can surely enjoy the thrill of playing a sport of your choice.