Carpet weaving has long been the age old traditional art that had started before the period of B.C. Animal fibers were used by the sheep herders for making such beautiful floor coverings. These floor coverings or rugs were made from the sheep’s wool and the goat’s hair. The oldest carpet discoverd so far was in the Altai mountains of Siberia which has been preserved in their museum which relates back to the prehistoric age. These luxurious creations could only be accessed by the rich and royal class because they could afford to pay the exorbitant price. Carpet weavers have been trying to make the prices of their carpets and their rugs more affordable by using nylon or synthetic fibers. But these carpets have not kept their appearance or being seen as long lasting. The colors of these synthetic fiber made carpets fade and the fibers get worn out quickly. On the contrary, the performance and the price of the carpets or the rugs woven from the plant fibers like sisal, coir and seagrass have been highly successful with people from the larger, middle income group.
It is not surprising to find that seagrass that grows on the seafloors and provides shelter to the turtles and dugongs, now adorns the domestic as well as business spaces. Seagrass fibers are made from the process of harvesting and later on drying in the sun. Made into squares and later on sewn together with a latex back. Floorspace seagrass rugs are of supreme variety that has been satisfying their customers for more than a decade and are available at an affordable price. Available in different patterns or designs with different color shades is sure to win the hearts of everyone. Visiting the Floorspace store would enhance your first-hand knowledge of how the seagrass rugs look and feel by seeing them closely and touching them. Placing your orders online is more convenient for people who cannot visit the store. One of the advantages of buying your seagrass rugs from Floorspace is that they offer a guarantee period offered for one year. Tips are also provided on the method of maintaining your seagrass rugs and a cleaning kit offered free of cost.
Any rug or carpet made from the particular plant fiber which may be sisal, coir or seagrass has similar features associated with it. The main features of the seagrass rugs that tempt the customers to buy are highlighted as follows:
- These seagrass rugs are a biodegradable product. These rugs provide for further use once these rugs are disposed into the open environment. The recycling is done by burning or burying underneath the ground. On the contrary, emission of harmful gases occurs while burning or burying the synthetic fiber rugs underneath the ground.
- The appearance of the seagrass rug has been appealing to the customers as well as the cost which is also convincing customers to buy.
- Installation of the seagrass rugs in any area of a domestic residence or a business office has been highly satisfying in terms of long term use. The durability of the seagrass rugs occurs owing to the toughness of the seagrass fibers.
- External particles like food items or any other solid matter do not easily accumulate on the surface of the seagrass rugs. They only require occasional cleaning with the help of a vacuum cleaner. However, it is advisable to use the cleaning powder and a brush to rub off any matter collected on the surface before vacuuming. Any form of stain can be easily erased with the help of club soda.
- Ideally useful in large hall areas where a huge collection of people gather for different types of events. The huge traffic would not damage the look of the rug and seagrass rugs act as good sound absorber in the hall.
- Installing seagrass rugs would not be harmful for kids and senior citizens as these rugs do not discharge static electricity.
- Seagrass rugs will not cause people to suffer from allergies or skin infections.
Floorspace seagrass rugs are also available in a customized form made to the measurements and choice of colors and designs selected by their customers.