Gone are the days when dental treatment was just limited to extracting bad teeth. Today, with the advancement in technology and science, any dental problem can be solved easily. The number of dental problems has increased significantly over the past few years. Nowadays, there is a treatment available for every teeth related problems that you have.
When you hear about dentist, only thing that comes to your mind is bad teeth extraction. You are mistaken here as dentists have a lot to do than just that. Ever heard of the word Invisalign? Here is what you need to know about it.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign or invisible aligner is a new orthodontic treatment, which has been gaining a lot of popularity lately. This treatment straightens your teeth without the need of those ugly looking metal braces. Aligners are soft plastic frames that are fit beneath the teeth, which help the teeth to move in desired position. What is best about aligners is that they are barely visible. This means you have something beneath your teeth that is working to give you beautiful smile, and no one knows about it.
How does Invisalign Work?
When you visit your dentist, he will first examine the case and then start the treatment. He will fix an aligner inside your mouth, which will support the teeth. The aligner will be customized as per your teeth size, so you do not need to worry about the pain or safety. Invisalign Kensington treatments are totally pain free unlike traditional braces.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign Treatment?
There are many benefits of this treatment over traditional braces. This includes:
- It is very much comfortable when compared to the metal braces. You won’t even feel that there is something on your teeth. Metal braces can damage tissues on cheeks and lips but aligners won’t cause any damage or pain. They are very comfortable to wear, and also to clean.
- Metal braces look very ugly. Once you have braces on your teeth, you think before smiling. Even the people around you give a weird look cause of those ugly looking braces. This is not the case with invisalign aligner. As it is not quite visible, so no one will even notice that you have something on your teeth.
- Cleaning a metal braces is like a nightmare. You need to take it out and clean it frequently keeping oral hygiene in mind. With aligners, you are free of this trouble. Cleaning is very easy as it is made of soft plastics unlike metal braces which require brush to clean.
- With aligners you are free to eat anything you want. You are restricted to eat few food items when you wear metal braces. However, with aligners you can eat anything and everything.
- The healing is much faster in case of invisalign. You do not even need to pay frequent visits to your dentist. The treatment is done in one sitting, and every sitting will put the aligner that works in shifting the teeth for 2-3 weeks. The new aligner is then added to the shift done by the previous one.
So, now no more embarrassment or covering your mouth while laughing out loud to cover your teeth.