The abbreviation of Internet Protocol Television is IPTV. In this system, TV gets delivered through IP based network. In other words, IP protocol is employed to transport video, audio and control signals on a TV screen through a single set top box.
IPTV concept is simple, but creating the system is complex. To create a comprehensive and functional solution, you have to consider certain things.
TV head-end – It is broadcast centre, where encoding, encryption, and recording of IP streams take place. The content viewers watch originates from TV head end.
Application server – This hardware keeps track of data needed to administer all the systems end points for giving consumers their customized privileges. Application server can also control system level interface and perform tasks like billing with external programs.
Middleware – Interactive portal or middleware is GUI (Graphic User Interface) that viewers see. For example, visual program guide or navigation with which viewers interact is the middleware
Transmission network – How content from point A reaches point B or multiple points is termed as transmission network. In IPTV, transmission network is IP based through wireless or Ethernet connection.
Gateway – As the name suggests, it is the end of transmission network, which delivers content into the viewer’s house router.
CPE (customer premises equipment) – A set top box and smart TV, which decodes, decrypts as well as displays content on home viewer’s TV screen . CPE receives data packets conveyed from head end across transmission network and converts it into images for viewer’s to watch.
Valuable Advantages of IPTV
Advantages of IPTV for hotels over standard cable system are more. Hospitality sector is taking advantage of this unification process to provide their guests an interactive TV.
Now, small operations can attain numerous features, which are being provided by branded cable companies with ease. Hotel IPTV helps to provide guests more satisfaction for less. Below are the valuable advantages of IPTV mentioned that will obviously clear your doubts.
- Content broadcasted is in digital format, so the picture quality is awesome
- Cable infrastructure has limitations of bandwidth because all channels are operating on the wire all the time but IPTV includes switched broadcast capabilities, which only puts the requested content on the wire. Thus there are no limitations of available bandwidth.
- IPTV system installation is financially efficient because the cost of many elements are less and ever decreasing.
- Transporting content across IP is naturally less than existing cable delivery box.
- A hotel can easily distribute world and satellite TV programs in every room, so as to deliver broad range of foreign and local language channels for satisfying varied linguistic guests.
- The hotel can insert its personal videos for branding and advertising.
- All the radio and TV programs will easily be available on demand.
- Guests can record programs, when they go sight-seeing for watching it conveniently, later.
- Video games can also be provided over the network for guests and their kids.
- Guests can check their accommodation bills and conduct checkout process right from their rooms.
- Hotels can benefit from its low maintenance aspect and high-end delivery service
- Installation costs reduce because the current CAT 5 network arrangement can be utilized.
In brief, IPTV displays massive promises in hotel sector. Contact professional IPTV installers to tailor a set-up that suits your hotel needs.