Law has been one of the all-time favourite career choices from generations and these days with the arrival of cyber technology the demand of cyber law experts is skyrocketing. In India, 17 National Law Universities organize a common admission test to select students for their undergraduate and postgraduate courses, this test is known as Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
For the academic session 2016-17, CLAT will be conducted at national level by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab for admission into 2250 seats in five-year integrated law programmes and post graduate programmes. The last date to make application for the common admission test is March 31, 2016 and the exam will be conducted on May 08, 2016.
The Common Law Admission Test was first conducted in the year 2008 and this time there are 17 National Law Universities which are selecting candidates for the following courses:
- S.W. LL.B. (Hons.)
- A. LL.B. (Hons.)
- Com. LL.B. (Hons.)
- Sc. LL.B. (Hons.)
The details related to the CLAT Exam, application form, CLAT Syllabus etc. are as follow:
- Nationality: Only Indian (NRI or living in India) can participate in the CLAT Examination
- Age: The age of the candidate appearing in CLAT needs to be less than 20 years as on July 01, 2016.
- Students from Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribesget relaxation of 2 years in the upper age limit.
- Academic Qualification: Student making application should have cleared or must be appearing in Class 12 examination
- The criteria of minimum marks for the candidates from general category is 45% while for candidates from SC & ST are required to have 40% marks in class 12.
- Candidates will not be provided provisional admission, if they are unable to submit their qualifying examination result within the time indicated.
- Only online applications will be accepted as there is no offline application process, no printed copy of prospectus or application form will be sold.
- Online applications will be filled on the official website of the CLAT and students are required to follow these steps to complete the application process:
- Step 1: Register at CAPS
- Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Step 3: Upload Documents
- Step 4: Pay the Application Fees
- Step 5: Download the confirmation page
- Application Fee:
- Candidates from SC/ST category are required to pay Rs. 3,500 as application fee while General Category candidates are required to pay Rs. 4,000.
- CLAT Syllabus:The exam will test the basic skills of English, Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Current Affairs, General Knowledge and Legal Aptitude.
For details related to CLAT Exam and other entrance examinations, visit www.MotaChashma.com