Winter is here and it is time to hit the beach for some sun tanning! Goa is the smallest state in India, but the most popular holiday state ever. We are sure that almost everyone in India has visited Goa once with either friends or family. Though Goa has a ton of beaches yet there are some you must visit. These are few beaches that are quite popular in the state.
- Baga Beach – This is one of the most popular beaches in Goa and you will always spot some shooting going on at this beach. It is a little crowded, but if you want to party with the crowd, then this is the place you must go to. You can also enjoy several water sports like parasailing, dolphin cruises and much more at the Baga Beach. Several concerts too are held at the beach by local performers.
- Calangute Beach – The Calangute Beach is the largest in Goa and also the most visited after the Baga beach. The two beaches are actually connected which is why the visitors can easily head to this or Baga beach. You can enjoy parasailing, cruise rides and also have a variety of snacks here. Make sure you don’t visit this place during Christmas or New Year if you hate crowded beaches. Also, swimming is prohibited during the monsoon season as the water is quite rough and unsafe. This is another hotspot for party animals.
- Anjuna Beach – If you want to party all night long with young crowd, then Anjuna Beach is made for you. This is considered to be a hippy hotspot in Goa and is known for the flea market too. You will get to enjoy various snacks of Goa at this beach. Other than this, you can also indulge in activities like bungee diving.
- Benaulim Beach – Situated in the city of Margao, this is a calm beach. You will not find a lot of crowd here, which makes it perfect for those who want to stay away from the crowd. If you want to enjoy the view of the shore and the water then you must sit here and relax. This is a great place for couples who want to spend quiet quality time together. There are several shacks where you will get true Goa cuisine.
- Colva beach – White sands, shining sun and blue water is what Colva beach is all about. It is quite a hotspot for foreign tourists and if you love seafood then you should head to this beach. This beach is famous for its night life but not like Anjuna or Baga beach. Avoid visiting the place during the Christmas or New Year time as the beach is packed with people.
We are sure that everyone probably loves Goa because of the incredible beaches in the state. This small state has so much to offer especially for youngsters. So, book your trains and food for train journey in advance!