When we travel to new countries there are many new things that we are keen to experience. Those travelling to other destinations around the world are eager to take in new sights and surroundings, visit local attractions, soak up the culture, and explore the history amongst other things. One of the other things that many of us love to do is sample new cuisine on different countries around the world. This is a great way of enjoying new and exciting culinary experiences and you will find that most destinations have a signature dish that it has become well known for. In order to make the most of any trip abroad it is essential that you try the local cuisine as this will help you to enjoy a more fulfilling holiday experience and enable you to broaden your culinary horizons.
Traditional Dishes from Worldwide Destinations
If you enjoy travelling and you are also keen to expand your culinary knowledge and tastes, it is well worth familiarising yourself with some of the traditional signature dishes that are offered in various countries around the world. Some of the ones you will come across based on where you are travelling may include:
- Israel: A traditional dish in Israel is a delicious snack known as falafel. These are balls that are made from chick peas and are deep fried. They can be served as starters or in many cases they are served in pitta bread or flat bread as part of the filling. If you are not planning a trip to this destination there is no need to worry, as you can still try falafel for yourself. When you head to Ocado you can purchase ready made falafel or you can simply purchase the ingredients required to make them yourself. By visiting HotUKSavings.co.uk you can also look forward to discounts on the cost of the products you buy from this retailer.
- Italy: Italy is a place that is well known for its delicious cuisine and wonderful flavours. Perhaps the dish that the Italians are best known for is pizza. While you can purchase pizza from restaurants around the world nobody manages it is quite like the Italians. Hand-stretched thin crust bases topped with simple yet delicious toppings will make your pizza experience in Italy one to remember. You can even try your own hand at making authentic Italian pizza by purchasing ingredients from supermarket giants Morrison’s.
- Hungary: When it comes to creating warming, comforting, and delicious dishes, the Hungarians know exactly what to do. The national dish in this destination is goulash, which truly is a comfort food that is perfect for cold autumn and winter nights. Combining beef with vegetables, onion, herbs and spices, this stew manages to fill you up while also enabling you to enjoy good, wholesome, healthy food. Try making your own this winter by investing in high quality ingredients from retailers like Marks & Spencer – you can treat the whole family to a wonderful, warming winter meal.
- Japan: If you enjoy eating dishes such as noodles and soups, you will love the cuisine in Japan. A signature dish served in this country is known as ramen and this is a noodle soup dish that is warming and filling. Served in a fish or meat broth, this is a soup that is full of oriental flavour and is often topped with pork to add greater texture and substance.
- America: One of the types of cuisine that America has become known for over the decades is fast food. This includes the much loved and hugely popular hamburger, which is served in joints all across the USA. There are many different variations of burgers that you can choose from when you visit the United States. However, you can also try your hand at difference burger variations at home – try a book such as Hamburger Gourmet from retailers such as Amazon, as this will give you plenty of ideas.
- Spain: Another destination that is known for flavoursome and healthy food is Spain. One popular dish that you can indulge in while visiting this destination is Spanish tortilla, which combines eggs and potatoes to create a filling yet healthy omelette. These omelettes are not like the thin ones that you get in places like France but are thick and chunky with plenty of substance. If you want to create these at home you should make sure you have a suitable omelette pan with plenty of depth – these are easily available at affordable prices when you shop online at places such as eBay.
These are just a few of the national and signature dishes that you can try from worldwide destinations. Even if you are not visiting these places, these are all dishes that can be easily recreated in the comfort of your own home.