LASIK surgery has new advances in technology, causing it to be more popular. If you have never heard of this treatment, it is a permanent eye surgery that is done to reshape the cornea and correct a patient’s vision. The surgery will shape your eye in order to correct the way incoming light is focus on the retina, similar to the way your eyeglasses or contact lenses were. Because of its advancement, many people now ask if they should get LASIK surgery to have better vision.
To help you decided whether you need LASIK surgery or not, here are the top 10 reasons why you need it:
1. Instead of spending money buying and maintaining eyeglasses or contact lenses, many patients choose to invest on LASIK. If you add up the expenses on buying optical aids on a yearly basis, the cost can be close to what one will pay for a LASIK surgery.
2. You can wake up in the morning and see everything clearly without having to spend time looking for your eyeglasses or putting on your contact lenses.
3. You do not need not to worry about coordinating your outfit with your eyewear. Even if you will be attending a party, you won’t be hassled by wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses.
4. Patients who want to maintain or start an active lifestyle will also appreciate how LASIK can be of great help. We all know how difficult it is to play a sport while wearing prescription contact lenses or eyeglasses. If you are always worried about losing your contact lenses while swimming or surfing, LASIK surgery will make everything a lot easier for you. You can surf, swim, or dive without a fuss and not needing to spend more money on buying prescription goggles.
5. Traveling will be a lot easier since you no longer have to bring a set of contact lenses or eyeglasses while on the road.
6. No more discomforts caused by wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses. We all know that eyeglasses can sometimes cause headaches because of the heavy weight of eyeglasses or pressure points on the nose bridge and temple area. As for contact lenses, it can cause itchiness, red eyes, allergic reactions, and even eye infection if not worn with care. With LASIK surgery, you will never have these concerns again.
7. Some patients also enjoy having better vision as compared to wearing eyeglasses.
8. Patients will enjoy instant gratification, as LASIK does not need long recovery time. Few hours after the operation, you can see and feel the benefits of the operation. You can walk around your house feeling a lot better about your decision.
9. It will boost your confidence and self-image.
If you wish to find out more about LASIK surgery or talk to a professional regarding this treatment, don’t hesitate to contact Atlas Eye. This company is a Singapore-based ophthalmology specialist centre that provides top quality and evidence-based solutions to their patients. They utilize the advantages of modern technology to achieve better results in delivering eye health enhancement or rehabilitation. Dr. David Chan is a, Senior Consultant Eye Surgeon, forefronts their team of very experience staff in Atlas Eye. He is well trained in the field of Anterior Segment Surgery, Complex Cataract Surgery, and Refractive surgery at the University of Calgary in Canada and the Singapore National Eye Centre.
Atlas Eye is an ideal choice for LASIK surgery. Visit Atlas Eye today to learn more about their services. You may also visit their website to schedule an appointment.