Tooth loss leads to a number of unpleasant consequences; patients are unable to speak clearly, enjoy their favorite foods and they experience low confidence levels too. This is where implant surgery comes in. Implant dentistry has come a long way over the last decade and tooth loss isn’t considered to be as much of a problem as it used to be.
We at Alpha Seaforth Dental Clinics use a number of highly-effective dental implant procedures that can help you achieve an attractive smile and healthy mouth. If removable dentures aren’t a practical solution in your circumstances, you should consider getting dental implants. But in some cases, mini dental implants prove to be a better option- from health as well as economic perspectives.
What is a Mini-implant?
This implant is quite similar to a standard dental implant but is generally recommended in situations where the patient has insufficient jaw-bone density, or when securing a denture in the lower jaw isn’t feasible. A mini implant is also a great option for someone who requires only a single dental implant (with only one restoration). They are as effective as the standard implants and prove to be an excellent alternative to bridges and dentures. As mentioned earlier, mini implants are also more cost-effective than full-sized dental implants.
Mini Implants- how are they Fitted?
Here is some useful information that will help you understand how these implants are fitted and what the benefits of them are:
- If the mini implant is used to secure a denture in your lower jaw, the process necessitates insertion of multiple mini implants into the jaw at regular intervals.
- The denture is placed into your mouth & properly adjusted so it fits well on top of the implants and is anchored in place.
- This procedure is minimally invasive.
- Requires only local anesthesia.
- The implants are much smaller & easier to place.
- They can be used to secure a bridge over a pair of dentures or on top of your teeth.
- Much more affordable than full-sized dentures.
- It’s a convenient option because, in most instances, a mini dental implant is placed in a single visit and the patient may be able to use their teeth that day itself.
- These are a great option for individuals that don’t want to undergo more complex procedures such as a full implant.
Choose the Best Mini Implant Specialists
As you can see, there are a number of benefits to getting dental implants, but mini implants, in particular, offer notable benefits when compared to traditional options. You would have to consult your dentist to find out more. When you want mini implants that will be comfortable, functional and durable, you need to ensure that you get the treatment done from professionals that have extensive experience in the field.
We have over 15 years of solid experience behind us and understand that every patient is different and will have different dental conditions and circumstances. It’s why we adopt a customized approach and ensure the solutions we recommend perfectly suit your needs. While we provide the best mini implant and other dental treatments, you will find that all our services are competitively priced. If a traditional dental implant is not feasible, you can ask a professional about mini implants.