Puri is one of the best tourist destination is Odisha. It is quite famous for the Lord Jagannath Temple over there. Puri is located on the coastline of Odisha and the sea over there is a part of Bay of Bengal. This city is around 60 kilometres away from Bhubaneshwar, the capital city of Odisha. It is very well connected by roads and railways. In this write up we will guide you with some of the tourist attractions of Puri. There are various affordable hotels in Puri.
Some of the Tourist Attraction Places in Puri:
1. Jagannath Temple- Jagannath temple is one of the major tourist attractions of Puri. This temple is quite famous all over the world. It is one among the char Dham for Hindus. This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu-The Lord of Universe. This huge temple has many small temples inside it which is dedicated to several other Hindu Gods and Godless. To enjoy the serenity of the temple you should spend the whole day over there. The Mahaprashad served over there comprises of full Oriya meal and is very delicious. Best hotels in Puri are located near by the temple area.
2. Sea Beach- The beautiful sea beach of Puri has always been a major tourist attraction all over the world. It is considered to very very safe when it comes to swimming. You could enjoy the beautiful scene of the sunset, sitting at the sea beach in the evening. There are many sea foods available in the side of the sea beach which are very delicious and you will love having then. There are many best hotel in Puri located near the sea beach. All of them are mostly sea facing.
3. Some other temples in Puri- Apart from Jagannath Temple, there are many other temples in Puri. Some other must visit temples in Puri are: Gundicha Temple, Loknath Temple and Ardhasani Temple. Konark Temple is also located very close the Puri.
4. Konark Temple- This temple is one of the World Heritage Site. It is also known as Sun Temple. The beautifully made stone temple has promoted the scholars to name it as the Dream in the stone. If you are looking for best hotels in Puri, you can easily find some near by the Konark Temple.
5. Chilika Lake- This Lake is quite famous for its natural and scenic beauty. It is the largest salty water lake in India. For all the nature lovers and the bird watchers it is a very ideal place. Hundreds of birds visit this lake every year and specially the Siberian Cranes.
Keeping those worth seeing places in Puri aside, there are some best hotels in near Puri beach which are worth spending on. These hotels have all the basic a mentalities and they would serve as a good source of luxury living.