KEAM is a Combined Entrance examination for admission in Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries, Engineering& Architecture Courses in colleges located within Kerala. KEAM 2016 is a major entrance examination given by 1.25 lakh students and is organized by The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala Government.
The thing which makes it a major examination is the admission to number of courses offered by it. After appearing in KEAM examination student can pursue any of the following courses in institutes located within Kerala:
- Engineering: B.Tech, B.Tech(Agricultural Engineering, Dairy Science & Technology, Food Engineering)
- Medical: MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BHMS
- Agriculture:ScHons (Agriculture, Forestry)
- Veterinary:V. Sc& AH
So now let us have a look at the details related to KEAM starting with Eligibility:
- Eligibility: The candidate should meet all the below mentioned eligibility conditions to be considered for admission:
- Nationality: The applicant needs to be an Indian citizen with Kerala origin.
- Age: The applicant needs to be at least 17 years old to appear in the examination.
- Academic: The applicant should have cleared class 12 examinations from any recognized board of education or should possess equivalent qualification.
- Minimum Marks:Thecandidate should have scored minimum 50% marks in qualifying examination to be eligible to appear in the examination.
- Application Process:Thecandidates willing to apply for KEAM Examination are required to make online application on the official website. In order to complete the application process, the candidates must send the signed printout of the online submitted application along with the necessary certificates and documents.
- Application Fee: Thecandidates belonging to general category should pay application fee of Rs. 1000 while candidates belonging to reserved category should pay Rs. 500.
- Scheduled Tribe candidates having annual income less than Rs. 40,000 are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Payment of Application Fee: The fee for the application can be paid either by ‘Security Card’ available along with prospectus or by the means of Demand Draft drawn in favor of The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations”, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Exam Pattern: The examination will be objective type and the candidates are required to answer 120 questions in 150 minutes. Correct answers will be awarded 4 marks while there will be a negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- Selection Process: The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list prepared partially (50:50)on the basis of marks obtained by candidate in Entrance Examination and partially on the marks obtained by candidate in class 12 examination in major subjects.
For more details related to KEAM Exam, visit www.MotaChashma.com