National Institute of Design, Ahmadabad is the only institute in the country offering four year Bachelor in Design (B.Des.) Course. The Bachelors and Masters level courses in 20 diverse design domains are offered at 3 campuses located in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bengaluru. There are total 100 seats available in Bachelors program and the selection of the candidates is done through annual NID Entrance Examination. The candidates selected through NID Entrance Examination are required to go through mandatory foundation programme having duration of one (1) year.
Only the candidates who have cleared their Class 12 examination or are appearing in the qualifying examination are eligible to participate in the NID UG Entrance Exam. The entrance exam notification has already been released according to which the last date to make application for the examination is November 27, 2015 while the entrance examination will be conducted on January 10, 2016 at various test centers spread throughout the country.
The entrance procedure has been divided into 3 phases, Phase 1 is Design Aptitude Test and it will be conducted at 16 cities. Phase2 & 3 will be conducted in Ahmadabad, Phase 2 is NID Studio Test, and it may consist of hands on practical assignments, etc. while Phase 3 i.e. Personal Interview will be conducted immediately after the Studio Test at the same center.
Let us have a look at some of the basic information related to National Institute of Design Entrance Examination:
- Age: The applicants belonging to general category should be younger than 20 years i.e. born before June 1, 1996 while for candidates belonging to Reserved Category the age limit is relax able by 3 years i.e. June 01, 1993.
- Academic Qualification: The candidates should have cleared class 12 or equivalent examination from CBSE or any State Board of Education.
- Application Process: The applications for NID entrance examination are to be made online and there is no offline application procedure is there to apply for the exam. Candidates can make application using the Official website of National Institute of Design to complete their applications.
- Application Fee: The candidates belonging to general category and OBC Category are required to pay application fee of Rs. 1500 while SC/Stand PH candidates need to pay Rs. 750 as application fee.
- Admit Card: Admit card of the eligible candidates will be available on NID website by December 24, 2015 and the credentials provided to the students while making the application for the examination will be used to download and print admit cards.
- NID Examination Centers: The Phase 1 i.e. Design Aptitude Test will be conducted in the following cities:
- New Delhi
For more information related to NID 2016 Entrance Examination, visit www.MotaChashma.com